Logo

Controversial NFL player who slapped Travis Kelce hits opposing quarterback with another cowardly hit

September 17, 2025, 11:55 AM (GMT+7)

LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Los Angeles Chargers nose tackle Teair Tart’s popularity continues to fade in the AFC West. One week after striking Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce across the facemask, the 315-pound NFL journeyman now faces accusations of a late hit on Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Geno Smith. And, as in Week 1, Tart escaped an initial penalty for the clear infraction.

The latest incident unfolded late in the third quarter of the Chargers’ 20-9 victory over the Raiders in Las Vegas on Monday night. Tart managed to get past Las Vegas left guard Dylan Parham on the play, but only after Smith had released the ball downfield. Ignoring whether Smith still had the ball, Tart shoved the veteran quarterback to the turf with his right arm, prompting a wave of boos from Allegiant Stadium fans who saw it as a late hit.

Tart clearly shoved Smith to the turf in Las Vegas well after the Raiders QB threw the ball

Though no flag was thrown, Tart could face repercussions for this hit, much like he did last week for the Kelce incident. In Week 1, during the Chargers’ win over the Chiefs in São Paulo, Tart delivered an open-handed slap to Kelce’s helmet—an action that avoided ejection since it wasn’t a closed fist. The NFL fined him $12,172 for the play.

Afterward, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid expressed frustration over the no-call. “I don’t understand that rule,” Reid told reporters. “I guess it’s open-hand, fist, whatever, I don’t know. I don’t know what their decision was on that. But he definitely got hit in the head pretty hard.” When asked if he’d seek clarification from the NFL, Reid replied, “I’ll work out that with the league. I can’t get into all that.”

Kelce, appearing unharmed, shrugged off the hit and appealed to the referees without showing anger. Meanwhile, Tart later mocked the incident on social media, posting a scene from the Chappelle Show where Rick James slaps Charlie Murphy, taunting the angry Swifties flooding his inbox.

 

Comments (0)

Loading comments...

Patriots Star Stefon Diggs Receives Joyful News Ahead of Big Game Against Steelers
Patriots superstar Receives Joyful News Ahead of Big Game Against Steelers Foxborough, September 18, 2025 – As the New England Patriots gear up for a crucial Week 3 matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers, star wide receiver Stefon Diggs has received major personal news: his girlfriend, Grammy-winning rapper Cardi B, is pregnant with his first child. Cardi B announced the news on CBS Mornings during an interview with Gayle King. She proudly shared, “I feel strong, I feel powerful doing everything, but at the same time, I’m creating a little human being.” This will be Cardi B’s fourth child but Diggs’ first, stirring excitement in both the sports and entertainment worlds. Rumors of her pregnancy had been circulating on social media for weeks, and the official confirmation has thrilled fans. The baby is expected to arrive before Cardi B kicks off her Little Miss Drama Tour in February 2026. Her second studio album, Am I The Drama?, also drops on September 19, just before the Patriots-Steelers game. For Diggs, who has recorded 89 yards on 10 receptions in the first two games of the season, the joy of impending fatherhood is a significant motivator. Teammates say he remains highly focused in practice but is more upbeat than ever. When asked about celebration plans, Diggs simply smiled and said, “Just wait and see.” He added, “Playing for the Patriots was a dream, but having my dad give me more reason to fight on the field – not only for the team but for the family waiting behind me.” Diggs jokingly remarked, “I just hope the kid grows up a Patriots fan, not a Steelers one!” As the Patriots face a challenging season, this personal milestone could fuel Diggs’ performance against the Steelers. Fans are eagerly awaiting the game while celebrating the couple’s new chapter.

Latest Posts